Thursday, April 30, 2020

WALK ON THE NINJA SIDE

One more day off before I return to flying, so I went out for a morning walk to CVS for a few needed items.  Raining.  Put on my black fenty sweatshirt and pea coat, tall black boots, black mask.  Of course once I put up my hoody I looked like a cat burglar... maybe a ninja.  As I walk the silent streets disobeying the traffic signs since there is no traffic, I run into the occasional other in black mask and hoody.  The street has been taken over by ninja warriors, or so it would seem not knowing otherwise.  It's NYC's version of coyotes on the roads of Los Angeles.

I pass a woman in a pink mask walking her dog and she smirks at me.  Maybe she is intimidated by the warrior sect... or just suspicious of all other humans possible lack of a decent immune system.  Either way I walk the 6' approximated space around her and continue on my way.

Nothing I need left at CVS.

On the way home I check out my garden... I've put a sign up to fend off the evil dog walking shit stainer.  I'm pretty sure I'll get reamed by somebody who thinks I'm being selfish by not letting a dog walk over the dirt... or politically incorrect somehow [not sure which racism clause I'd be offending, but I'm sure there is one out there]... or rude for using a bad word on the sign.  Corruption of children et al.  And the request to the coop board to purchase a low iron fence for the front of the garden has brought on controversy for not having found one without sharp edges.  Children might maim themselves on it.  Not sure there have been mane reports of death by self infliction on a city fence, but if it is possible, there is a lawsuit somewhere to support it.

I digress.

This is really about the Ninja warriors of NYC.  Maybe Ninja gardeners too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

06.|. Discovering New York City

I have an early and highly visual memory of staying with my grandmother in Forest Hills, where she lived in a great big white brick building...